Lean manufacturing is a trend in many industries. Whether you are a lean operation or not, ITW Gema has equipment solutions that can provide higher productivity at a lower cost. One such example is ITW Gema's Magic Compact Series Powder Coating Booth!
The MAgic Compact is designed for automatic powder coating with XTreme Color Change requirements. When required, manual stations can be added to the booth cabin, allowing operators to effectively apply powder to your products. Whether automatic, manual or both, the overall booth footprint of the Magic Compact is small and easy to use.
The Magic Compact booth incorporates all of ITW Gema's industry leading, field-proven technology, like the OptiGuns®, OptiStar Advanced Control Units and Chameleon Color Management System, and is more than capable of meeting the needs of your rapidly changing manufacturing environment. The Magic Compact is designed to be a fully integrated system that delivers the speed and flexibility needed to handle your frequent color changes.
Fast and Simple Color Change
The Magic Compact is a quick color change system. This is due in part to a compact booth design that reduces powder accumulation, making cleaning faster and easier. By integrating the Chameleon Color Management System, much of the cleaning process is automated and guarantees the highest quality color change. Training personnel is a painless process, after which, color changes can be carried out quickly with only one or two technicians. You can change colors so fast with a Magic Compact, you may not need another booth!
Built for XTreme Color Change Environments
Like all ITW Gema automatic powder coating booth systems, the Magic Compact is engineered for high performance and minimal powder consumption. Here's how it all comes together:
1. The Magic Compact is a platform for the the world's best powder coating guns... the OptiGun automatic series and the OptiSelect manual series. Both guns feature 100,000 volts of FirstPass Power to allow you to coat your parts right the first time every time. The guns have fewer wear parts than other manufacturers' guns and the self-cleaning electrode ensures uniform particle charging for optimal transfer efficiency.
2. The Luminaire plastic sandwich-wall booth surfaces are non-conductive to minimize powder accumulation in the cabin for a faster color changeover. Easy-access booth design allows an operator to quickly perform any manual cleaning procedures from outside the booth.
3. Seamless ductwork is maintenance-free and substantially minimizes the risk of color contamination. Magic Compact's advanced mono-cyclone has a built-in sieve that screens out contaminates, making clean-up a snap. Dense-phase transport technology, that uses less compressed air than traditional transfer pumps, offers improved material handling of the recovered powder from the cyclone to the Chameleon.
4. ITW Gema's patented Twin-Air Deck design keeps powder from accumulating on the floor. Coupling a uniform downdraft air flow across the entire floor, along with automatic cleaning of the booth floor, keeps powder in process. Color changes are performed quickly and easily!
5. Along with the Magic Compact, the integrated Chameleon Color Management System uses PLC intelligence to automate cleaning by pulsing compressed air over the gun exterior and throughout the powder path, including suction tubes, pumps, powder hose and gun. This process cleans so effectively that color contamination is virtually eliminated. The Chameleon also improves performance by allowing powder to be sprayed directly from the powder manufacturer’s original shipping container. This minimizes the number of hoppers and dedicated equipment typically required to reclaim powder.
6. With a focus on automatic applications, the Magic Compact incorporates ITW Gema's newest control system, the OptiStar Advanced Control Unit. OptiStar offers individually programmable coating parameters for each gun. Tying the OptiStar controllers together is the OptiControl PC-based control system that automates the powder application equipment. OptiControl can recognize incoming parts and trigger guns in one of 3 automatic ways to apply powder to the parts uniformly, saving powder and minimizing operating costs. OptiControl can extend to other production systems as well, for absolute coordination of all coating processes. PC-based technology makes it easy to set up and use, requiring minimal training for the operators.
Find out more about the full line of Magic Series booths and the XTreme-Machines from someone who's actually using them now! Call your ITW Gema representative at 1-800-628-0601. And, if you'd like to participate in the Application Systems Analysis Program (ASAP), we'll be glad to schedule your initial consultation at that time.*
*ITW Gema’s ASAP (Application Systems Analysis Program) provides you with a comprehensive review of your finishing systems, informing you of opportunities that will improve your bottom line. After a thorough analysis of your operation, our representative will present a cost/benefit analysis customer-tailored to your needs, including anticipated return on your investment.